Thursday, September 19, 2013

Psalms 26 "Perfect Peace"

This past wednesday, I visited a church called Liberty Baptist in Gun Barrel City, Tx. The teacher there spoke of rejoicing in time's of trial. Well, this lesson has been taught by my previous pastor - however, there is something else to this teachers teaching, that caught my attention - something that's been on my spirit for a while...

Where do you find perfect peace?
A peace that is so profound and so wonderful that you can't help but feel completely calm and at peace. That perfect peace, the peace of God that is so perfect nothing can shake it.

Recently, I visited my parents house. My fiance spoke to me on the way back from there about the peace he felt in their house. The fact he could just relax; the burdens of the world left beyond the borders of the threshold. This peace, he spoke of, comes from God. From Him comes that perfect peace. My fiance then spoke about not having that at his parents house, that the burdens are always present when he walks into his own parent's house. The peace, the kind that God gives, is not found in that house. Why? What makes my parent's house so different than his parents' house? The answer is so simple, the answer is God.

You see, peace isn't about just being quiet and still. It's not about a truce between enemies. Real peace, is about knowing that everything is all taken care of. Perfect peace is knowing, feeling, understanding, loving, and yes, quiet and subtle. But it's only brought by God's Holy Spirit dwelling where ever He is welcomed.
My parent's have welcomed the Spirit of God into their home, not just by trusting and having Faith, but by letting God be just that... God. They know He controls their lives.

As me and my fiance spoke about this perfect peace in my parent's house and the absence of it in his parent's house, my fiance said the strangest thing I've ever heard him say... "I want that peace in our house, when we get our own place." I knew God was working on him, those words were the proof I'd been seeking. Perfect peace...

In Psalms 26:3-4
You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock.

These small verses are a simple clue as to how we can attain that perfect peace.

A pastor spoke of this, I was quite taken by surprise when he spoke of peace, especially after the conversation with my fiance... it was different and it spoke to my spirit.

Where do you find perfect peace?
That question may boggle you a while. Do you find peace in art? What about reading a book? Is there peace in your home? Is your heart, mind and soul at peace, and I don't mean are you dead, but are you at peace?

God wants us all to have his Perfect Peace. His peace is not burdensome, it will never cause you chaos or make you weary. It will never turn you away and it will never discourage you. God's peace is so perfect in it's completeness that nothing can stand in it's wake.

A final story that reveal how Perfect Peace is God's gift to us, should we allow Him to be in control of our lives...

My grandfather Joe, graduated this life Dec. 2, 1997 in his sleep. He and my grandmother were fully engulfed in God's ministry. True, they were human, thus they were flesh and bone and had problems of their own, but they knew without a doubt that God was in control. The day my grandfather graduated, my grandmother and I spoke to each other...
I don't remember everything she said to me, but I do remember hearing the sadness and pain in her voice. I remember the party we had and when we spoke face to face later on, I was crying as I hugged her and asked her if she was alright... She said, "I am. God is giving me the peace to know I will see him again in glory." (paraphrased). I didn't understand at that moment what she meant.

As I grew up I began to realize it. Because my grandmother did not give up on life. She lives to her fullest and fully for God. Every time I've seen her, or talked to her, she oozes that perfect peace, that perfect knowing... She knows God's in control still. She knows that her beloved ones whom she misses with all her heart, are waiting for her... But she knows, also, that God is not quite done with her yet. So she remains, a strong and graceful woman.

Perfect Peace, only given and found in God.

This is my bible study... sorry if it seems a little different than the others. I believe God will always show us something new each and every time we read the bible. I must have read Psalms 26 hundreds of times - but never fully grasped it, until now.

God bless you, and may His everlasting Perfect Peace be unto you and your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment